My name is Kelly and I am currently a graduating senior at UCLA studying art history and Asian American Studies. This fall, I will be attending the University of Oxford, St. Antony’s College to complete an MPhil in Modern Chinese Studies. When I’m not up to my ears in reading, I bake, eat, and repeat.
Krafted by Kelly is a place for me to share my adventures baking, cooking with my boyfriend (Stephen), and blogging. I love the challenge of baking, photographing, and writing all put together. Through these three areas, I am learning to be more patient, more creative, and more thoughtful.
I love step aerobics, mat pilates, ballet, and hiking, though I don’t do nearly enough of each. Some of my favorite shows that currently running are True Blood, 30 Rock, White Collar, Suits, Chuck, Hart of Dixie, Mad Men, Pretty Little Liars, and How I Met Your Mother. My favorite color is purple.
Here are some books that I am currently trying to read, with varying degrees of commitment:
- How to Pick a Peach: The Search for Flavor from Farm to Table by Russ Parsons
- The Nasty Bits by Anthony Bourdain
- The Gate of Heavenly Peace: The Chinese and Their Revolution by Jonathan Spence
- Emma by Jane Austen
- The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins (Only Books 2 and 3 left)
- On Food and Cooking: The Science and Lore of the Kitchen by Harold McGee
- L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
- Interpreter of Maladies by Jhumpa Lahiri
I can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send me any questions, suggestions, or inquiries you might have.